BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, November 30, 2009

Follow Me

The Sunday before Thanksgiving I was privileged with the opportunity to preach at our church (North Point Christian Church). You see, having been an associate pastor and a senior pastor causes one to crave the opportunity to open God's Word and preach! The message was entitled Follow Me based out of Matthew 4:18-22. Jesus ask Peter, Andrew, James and John to follow Him unconditionally. Don't worry, I won't re-preach the message. I just was reminded again that yes, we only have this one life to live and I really want to please God with it and to accomplish His perfect will in my life. Preaching will always be a part of my life - I would love to preach full-time again if God would ever grant me the privilege. He has put a longing in my heart to carry His Word to the hungry, the longing, the lonely, the needy, and even the rebellious. I guess that is my prayer - that someday I will be able to pastor again. In the mean time I am to patiently follow my Savior unconditionally - but I AM WAITING!! One of my favorite songs is by John Waller "While I'm Waiting" - the words go like this: I'm waiting I'm waiting on You, Lord And I am hopeful I'm waiting on You, Lord Though it is painful But patiently, I will wait. I will move ahead, bold and confident Taking every step in obedience While I'm waiting I will serve You While I'm waiting I will worship While I'm waiting I will not faint I'll be running the race Even while I wait. I'm waiting I'm waiting on You, Lord And I am peaceful I'm waiting on You, Lord Though it's not easy But faithfully, I will wait Yes, I will wait I will serve You while I'm waiting I will worship while I'm waiting I will serve You while I'm waiting I will worship while I'm waiting I will serve you while I'm waiting I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord.
Maybe the Lord wants me to be Still and Know the He is God for a season in my life!

0 comments: